Thursday, January 22, 2009

An international celebration*


As the volunteers, tourists, and Spanish students from various countries expressed excitement on inauguration day, along with every local Honduran with whom I've spoken regarding the matter, we had an inauguration party at the Spanish school Tuesday night. Many of the teachers and their friends were there, along with Americans, Canadians, and Europeans, celebrating the start of a new era. It was exciting to see and fun to be a part of. A regular cafe of ours even stayed open when we came in before closing time to watch the event on YouTube. A worker joined us in watching and congratulated us.

Let me also say that I am happy to have discovered that the internet connection seems to have significantly improved since my last stay in Honduras. Hopefully posts with pictures will now be possible.

*In the unlikely event that my director is reading this blog, I would like to state that GVI is in no way affiliated with any political party.

No comments: