Sunday, March 1, 2009

It´s over already?



As I expected, the almost 9 days of Marty´s visit went way too quickly. Trips to Lake Atitlan, Tikal, a coffee plantation, a hike on active Volcan Pacaya, a Guatemalan cooking class, and lots of walking and eating in Antigua kept us busy. I´m sure he´ll fill you in on the details! It was wonderful having Marty here, finally getting to see the things and meet the people that have been part of my stories for so long.


In other news, I finally have a home. Not that I was exactly homeless, but the GVI house for interns has been full since Christmas. I went home for Christmas, and for the first couple of weeks after Christmas I lived with a family in Antigua. Then I headed to Honduras for a month. Back to Antigua, and in with a different family. Then Marty´s visit, so a week of leaving my bags at the GVI house and taking what I needed for our hotels and trips for the week. After far more packing and unpacking than I enjoy in a 10 week period, I finally have all my stuff in a room in a house that should be mine until the end of April! In case you're interested, my new address is Las Arcadas; casa #4; 9a Calle Poniente; Antigua Guatemala Sacateqequez; Guatemala, Centroamerica. Now I just need to somehow adapt to the most uncomfortable bed I´ve had in Central America, and figure out what I´m going to prepare for the intern group once a week on my cooking night!

No comments: