Thursday, December 4, 2008

Change is in the air

When I arrived as an intern for GVI 7 weeks ago, Honduras was my first assignment. I had 3 brand new volunteers with me to start in Honduras, and three that had been in Honduras for several weeks already. Two of the three veterans left early on, so it has been the same group of 5 of us for a while. A few days ago 3 of the vols left and the intern who will be replacing me arrived. Ben, the last of my original group, leaves Saturday. Two new volunteers arrive Sunday, and I leave about a week later to spend a couple of days in Antigua before heading to Ohio for Christmas. It is fun meeting new people, and part of life saying goodbye, probably forever, to people you meet along the way. Hopefully I'll see many of you who will be in Ohio around Christmas. After the new year, I'm headed to Nicaragua and then Guatemala until May.

No comments: